Posted 4 years ago
Care professionals will implement fatherhood programming to provide assistance and support to fathers whose children are involved with DCS. Care professionals will work actively with DCS employees to successfully engage fathers in services that will improve safety, stability, well-being, and permanency for their children. Care professionals will assist fathers in strengthening the relationship with their children and promote positive relationships between the families, the local DCS Family Case Managers, and others involved in the children’s care.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or Sociology, or licensed Bachelor Degree Social Worker or licensed Social Worker with a Baccalaureate Degree (A license is required unless a statutory licensure exemption IC 25-23.6-4-2(a) is met).
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a directly related human services field. The individual must also complete a minimum of 39 semester/58 quarter hours in the following coursework:
- Human Growth and Development
- Social and Cultural Foundations
- Lifestyle and Career Development
- Gender and Sexual Orientation
- Ethnicity, Race, Status, and Culture
- Social Work
- Ethics and Philosophy
- Physical and Behavioral Health
- Family Relationships
- Advocacy and Mediation
- Case Management
- Resources and Systems
- Social Policy
- Community Planning and Relations
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use
- Counseling and Guidance
- Educational Studies
- Other non-Human Service related Bachelor’s degrees will be accepted with successful completion of 39 semester/58 quarter hours in the above mentioned coursework; AND :
- Minimum of two years-experience providing a service to families that need assistance in the protection and care of their children and/or providing skills training, development, and habilitation.
- Experience gained by an employee in which the employee was not qualified to complete the work at the current or previous employer does not count toward the required two (2) year experience in combination with a Bachelor’s degree.